For safety reasons European Commission prepared a common list with prohibited items in hand and checked baggage. Read the list below to speed up the screening process. Double-check prohibited items list with your airline. Remember that the final decision which item is allowed on-board or in checked baggage rests with the security officer. This list takes effect when departing from EU airports.
You are allowed to bring a quart-sized/one litre bag (transparent, re-sealable plastic bag) with liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes. These are limited to 3,4 oz/100 ml or less per item, including:
- water and other drinks,
- liquid mixtures,
- creams, oils,
- foams (shaving foams) and deodorants,
Prohibited items in cabin baggage:
- Guns and devices that discharge projectiles like:
- firearms (pistols, rifles, etc.) and parts,
- toy guns, replicas and imitations,
- compressed air and co2 guns,
- signal flare and starter pistols,
- bows and arrows, cross bows,
- harpoon guns, spear guns, slingshots and catapults.
- Stunning devices like:
- shocking devices (stun guns, tasers etc.)
- animal stunners and animal killers,
- chemicals, gases and sprays (pepper sprays, tear gas, animal repellent spray etc.)
- Objects with sharp point or sharp edge, including:
- items designed for chopping (axe, hatchet etc.),
- ice axes and ice picks,
- razor blades,
- box cutters,
- knives with blades of more than 6 cm,
- scissors with blades of more than 6 cm (measured from the fulcrum),
- swords and sabres,
- martial arts equipment with sharp edge.
- Workmenâ€™s tools, including:
- drills and drill bits,
- tools with blade or shaft of more than 6 cm (screwdrivers, chisels etc.),
- bolt guns and nail guns.
- Blunt instruments:
- baseball and softball bats,
- clubs and batons,
- martial art equipment.
- Explosives and incendiary substances and devices, including:
- blasting caps,
- detonators and fuses,
- replicas or imitations explosive devices,
- mines, grenades,
- smoke-generating devices,
- dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives.
If you pack something from above list you will have to leave it outside (before security screening). If you have explosives for example obviously you are asking for trouble, so rethink what you are packing.
Have a nice flight!